Electives / Rotations
Rotation Name: Family Practice - Clinic
Department Name: Family Practice
Location: Marshfield Clinic Merrill Center
Course Director: Jeffrey L. Moore, M.D.
- Regular hours (Monday - Friday) | 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Night call | Optional
- Weekends | No
- Number of weeks | As desired
- Restriction | Residents
- Not available | Tuesday afternoons
Percentage of time expected
- Inpatient ward 5%
- Inpatient consultations 0%
- Outpatient clinics 90%
- Surgery 0%
- Laboratory 0%
- Other: 5% Nursing home
Statement of Goals
- Experience a broad range of patients typical of outpatient family practice
- Develop family practice skills necessary in a busy outpatient clinic, including concise documentation, pertinent differential diagnosis, managing a busy schedule, and working with clinic staff
- Learn the effective use of a well-developed electronic medical record system in a large multi-center system
- Seeing patients in conjunction with established clinic family practitioners (90%)
- Direct observation by clinic family practitioners (primarily by rotation director)
When and Where to Report on the First Day of Service
- One month prior to the start of your rotation you will receive an e-mail including a confirmation letter. This e-mail will also include maps to the city of Merrill, and Marshfield Clinic Merrill Center.
- You are to report at 8 a.m. on the first business day of your rotation to the Office of Medical Education. After orientation, you will be taken to your assigned rotation.